- Information for Parents & Carers about Autism Support in Enfield
- A Parent & Carers Guide to finding a school for your child with autism
- What to do if you think your child might have Autism
- Supporting Children with Autism During Transitions
- Strategies for Giving Instructions to Able Secondary Aged Pupils with Autism
- Choosing a Secondary School for your Child with Autism
- Choosing a College or University for a Young Person with Autism
- Recommended Reading for Staff Working in Educational Settings
- Recommended Websites
- Previous EASA Educational Newsletters
- Previous EASA Parent Newsletters
Supporting Children with Autism During Transitions
Changing classes at primary school:
Please click here to see the service's advice on supporting primary school aged children with autism during transitions to new classes.
Starting or Changing School:
The National Autistic Society provide strategies that can be used to support your child in advance of and during the period of change. You can also find guidance on working with the school when your child starts, getting your child's educational needs met as they progress, and the legal duties for transition support across the UK. Please click here to access further information on the NAS website.
The Autism Education Trust Transition Toolkit:
The AET have produced a toolkit to help parents and professionals to support children and young people with autism through transitions from Early Years into primary school; primary to secondary school, and secondary school into further and higher education. Click here
Please click here to view the service's guide to supporting pupils with autism through the transition between primary and secondary schools.