- How we Support Parents
- Parent and Carer Self Referral Form
- Autism: Training, Links and Support (ATLAS) Parent Programme
- Information for Parents & Carers about Autism Support in Enfield
- Cygnet Parent Information Sessions About Autism
- Ideas and Tips for Parents
- A Parent & Carers Guide to finding a school for your child with autism
- Recommended Reading for Parents
- Autism Education Trust Parent Guide
- What to do if you think your child might have Autism
- Supporting Children with Autism During Transitions
- Strategies for Giving Instructions to Able Secondary Aged Pupils with Autism
- Choosing a Secondary School for your Child with Autism
- Choosing a College or University for a Young Person with Autism
- Previous EASA Parent Newsletters
- Family Fund
Autism: Training, Links and Support (ATLAS)
ATLAS (Autism: Training, Links and Support)
ATLAS is a series of five information sessions for parents/carers of children with autism delivered via Zoom. We will help you to understand more about autism and how it may influence your child's abilities, learning and the way they behave. You also will meet professionals who specialise in supporting autistic children and their families, as well as parents of older autistic children. There will be an optional coffee morning after the course. Together we went to work with you to help your children to learn, develop and thrive.
ATLAS is a series of 5 information sessions about autism:
- Session 1 - Understanding Autism
An introduction to the areas of difference experienced by children with autism. Delivered by the Clinical Lead for Autism in the Speech and Language Therapy Team.
- Session 2 – Understanding Communication
A session where we explore the different ways that autistic children communicate and why this can be challenging.
- Session 3 - Understanding Sensory Processing
This session will help you to understand how the world around us can help your child to learn and to thrive. We will consider the impact of finding the sensory world overwhelming, and how you might understand these experiences better.
- Session 4 - Understanding Information Processing
An Education Psychologist and an Occupational Therapist will help you to understand how autistic children process information in order to make sense of the world around them.
- Session 5 - Understanding Local Resources
A parent of a child with autism will help you to understand what it is like to be an autism parent, and to introduce you to some the the many local groups and resources available to families with autistic children.
Parents who have not accessed ATLAS or whose child has been diagnosed privately or in another borough, and now currently reside in Enfield, can request a place on a future course by emailing email@example.com
Professionals can also refer parents, with their consent, for ATLAS by filling out the google consent registration referral form (click on the link)
Once the form is completed, the details will be added to the waiting list and EASA Admin will contact parents in due course.
If you have any questions or queries in relation to accessing ATLAS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 353 4186.
Please see the leaflet below for more details.