All About Me: Psychoeducation
Bespoke training on the ‘All About Me’ programme by Andrew Miller will be offered by Educational Psychologists in Enfield Advisory Service for Autism (EASA).
A series of 5 online training sessions will be available for Educational Settings to learn about Psychoeducation and supporting children and young people to understand their diagnosis.
Participants will need to purchase a copy of Miller’s book ‘All About Me’ (Jessica Kingsley Publishers) in order to complete the course, as all of the resources are imbedded in the book.
Sessions will focus on learning about:
- Session 1: Developing a clear understanding of Autism based on the three areas of difference (Autism Education Trust)
- Session 2: Why is psychoeducation important – the pros and cons
- Session 3: Eliciting pupils strengths, skills and things that can be harder
- Session 4: Sharing the diagnosis
- Session 5: Exploring key support systems for the student