- How we Support Parents
- Parent and Carer Self Referral Form
- Autism: Training, Links and Support (ATLAS) Parent Programme
- Information for Parents & Carers about Autism Support in Enfield
- Cygnet Parent Information Sessions About Autism
- Ideas and Tips for Parents
- A Parent & Carers Guide to finding a school for your child with autism
- Recommended Reading for Parents
- Autism Education Trust Parent Guide
- What to do if you think your child might have Autism
- Supporting Children with Autism During Transitions
- Strategies for Giving Instructions to Able Secondary Aged Pupils with Autism
- Choosing a Secondary School for your Child with Autism
- Choosing a College or University for a Young Person with Autism
- Previous EASA Parent Newsletters
- Family Fund
How we Support Parents
EASA supports parents in the following ways:
Help understanding autism
- ATLAS. The ATLAS (Autism Training Links And Support) Course is especially for parents of newly diagnosed young children up to 6 years. The course is held online and is led by a team of different professionals from health and education services.
- Cygnet. This course is for parents who are familiar with their child or young person’s autism but would like to know more and learn about how to support them better. This course is for parents of children aged between 6 years to 18 years. This course is held online and is led by an Educational Psychologist and an EASA Parent Support Advisor.
Opportunities to meet other parents
- Cuppa and Chat. You are welcome to come along to meet other parents at these sessions hosted by the EASA Parent Support Advisors. Refreshments are provided. Dates of upcoming Cuppa and Chat sessions can be found on our calendar.
Help with meeting my child/young person's needs
- Drop-ins. Parents are welcome to come along to a Drop-in at Bell Lane and meet one of our EASA Parent Support Advisors. These sessions are held fortnightly and are often the quickest way to access advice and support. Dates of upcoming Drop-in sessions can be found on our website.
- Online Parent Presentations. These run regularly on a variety of themes such as toileting, behaviour, independence, sleep and adolescence. Dates and topics are accessible on our calendar.
- Parent Workshops. Practical sessions led by our Parent Support Advisors at Bell Lane. Details can be found on our calendar.
- 1:1 appointments with a Parent Support Advisor. These can be arranged either in person at Bell Lane or on the telephone. There will be a wait for 1:1 support.
Support to work with my child/young person's educational setting
- Meeting attendance. If you have a meeting with your child or young person’s school or setting and would like someone from EASA to accompany you, this may be possible. Please give us as much notice as possible as availability is limited.
- Collaborative working on EHCP outcomes/IEP targets. We can support staff and parents to work together to help children/young people meet their EHCP outcomes/IEP targets. Common areas include toileting, eating, homework etc.
Help to know what support I can access
- Information on local services. We can signpost you to other trusted organisations and useful sources of information.