- Parent and Carer Events Summer 2020
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- Home Learning Activities
- Engagement and Participation Activities for Sensory Learners
- Activities to develop skills and knowledge for pre-NC learners
- Activities for children working at lower NC levels and advice for parents/carers
- Information for Parents & Carers about Autism Support in Enfield
- Support for Siblings
- Recommended Websites
- A Parent & Carers Guide to finding a school for your child with autism
- What to do if you think your child might have Autism
- Supporting Children with Autism During Transitions
- Strategies for Giving Instructions to Able Secondary Aged Pupils with Autism
- Choosing a Secondary School for your Child with Autism
- Choosing a College or University for a Young Person with Autism
- Recommended Reading for Staff Working in Educational Settings
- Previous EASA Educational Newsletters
- Previous EASA Parent Newsletters
- Family Fund
Parent and Carer Events and Support
Please see the below information about events and support for families, parents and carers during the summer holidays.
Enfield Advisory Service for Autism Parents and Carers Zoom Coffee Morning Tuesday 18th August 2020 10.00 - 11.30AM
Please join us on Zoom for a virtual Coffee Morning! This event is for parents and carers of children with autism living in the Enfield borough. Families who have not yet received a diagnosis can also attend. This is an informal event and parents and carers are welcome to enter and leave the meeting when they choose. Please register by clicking the link in the PDF below.
Our Voice Enfield Events Summer 2020
- Online ‘cuppa and chat’ evening sessions - Tuesdays 8.30 - 9.30PM
- Online ‘cuppa and chat’ morning sessions - Wednesdays 10.30 - 11.30AM. See the flyer below for dates and the link to download the GoTo Meetings app and join the session.
- Transport Videoconference - Thursday 30th July at 10.30AM-12.00PM. The event is free but you must pre-book at https://travelassistance.eventbrite.co.uk. You will receive joining instructions when you book your place. If you have any difficulties booking, please contact Our Voice for help. See flyer below for more details.
- Trampolining Relaxed Sessions Every Sunday morning 9-10AM at JumpIn Enfield - Organised by Our Voice in conjunction with Enfield National Autistic Society (ENAS). Book at www.gojumpin.com – go to ‘Book Now’ and select ‘Enfield’ and ‘Relaxed SEN session’. Please contact Jump In directly with any queries at 01926 356 290 or email@example.com. See flyer below.
SENDIASS Events Summer 2020 Tuesday 28th July – Thursday 27th August
- Online Zoom Coffee Mornings Tuesdays 10AM-12.30PM - Download the Zoom app on your phone, tablet or computer. Click join a meeting and log on using the details on the below flyer. You can also click the link to join.
- Summer Picnic in the Park Wednesdays 11.30AM-2.30PM (Socially distanced @ Salisbury House) – Please book a place by email or text to let the team know that you are coming. Text 07903 762008 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. See flyer below.
- Online Zoom Coffee & Wine Evenings Thursdays 7.30-9.00PM - Download the Zoom app on your phone, tablet or computer. Click join a meeting and log on using the details on the below flyer. You can also click the link to join.
SENDIASS and Our Voice have produced a Summer Parent Support Pack that you can download from the new SENDIASS website http://enfieldsendias.org.uk/resources/. You can also find this on the Our Voice Enfield website. https://www.ourvoiceenfield.org.uk/news/show/104
Active Enfield Summer 2020 Online Programme
Active Enfield and their instructors have planned some exciting one off sessions for the summer. The programme has a range of activities for children, adults and families and sessions are only £2.50 each!
All sessions are online via Zoom and can be done from the comfort of your home. They can be adapted for different ages, abilities and needs. If there any additional needs, please inform the instructors before the session so that they can have the correct methods in place to assist your experience and make the class enjoyable for everyone taking part.
Please see the below timetable and booking information sheet below. Please visit their website for more information on each session and keep up to date with them on social media.
Facebook: Active Enfield
Enfield's Children & Young People's Social, Emotional Mental Health and Wellbeing Q&A
Join the online Q&A event on Monday 17th August from 12:30 – 13:45pm. This session is an opportunity to hear about what support is being provided for the children and young people of Enfield and how we can all support their mental health and wellbeing. You will also have the opportunity to engage directly with a panel of senior leaders from Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health trust, the Director of Education and the Senior Educational Psychologist for Social and Emotional Mental Health from the Local Authority. Don’t miss your chance to put questions to Enfield Council and Barnet, Enfield and Haringey Mental Health Trust.
You can book your place:
Whatever your questions, please detail these as you log on to book your place, email email@example.com or call 020 8373 6283 by Monday 10th August.
Educational Psychology Service Family Telephone Support Line
A telephone consultation service for parents, carers and families who live in Enfield and/or whose children attend Enfield educational settings. Available 5 days a week from 10am to 9pm.
See the poster at the bottom of the page or click the link below to fill in their contact form to arrange a consultation.